What do you do with your empty laser toner cartridges? If you’re like 70% of cartridge users, you simply throw them out – contributing to the staggering number of toner cartridges that hit landfills each year.
But you don’t have to throw out your toner cartridges! Empty toner cartridges are both reusable and recyclable, and you can easily ensure your used cartridges don’t go to waste. (If you’re so inclined, you can even make a little money for yourself or charity in the process!)
Below, we’ll lay out some local and online resources you can use to recycle or resell your used toner cartridges.
Recycle Cartridges Locally
Recycling laser toner cartridges locally is easier than you’d think. A number of local establishments will gladly take your empty cartridges off your hands, including:
- Your local toner supplier. For example, at Valley Toner Supply, we pick up all our customers’ empty cartridges, so they can be refilled and sold again as remanufactured toner.
- Big box office supply stores. Even if you don’t buy from them, stores like Office Depot and Staples will take your cartridges, and also offer store credit incentive programs.
- Your local recycling center. Sites like Earth 911 allow you to easily search for recycling centers in your area, as well as whether or not they accept used toner cartridges. For example, this is what a search for Fresno, CA area toner recycling centers looks like.
If none of those local options work out, there’s still no excuse for throwing out your toner cartridges! Instead, you should take advantage of the following online resources, which can help keep your cartridges out of landfills.
Recycle Cartridges Online
If local recycling options don’t pan out, you can look into reselling or donating your empty toner cartridges online, using sites like:
- Ebay and Craiglist. You might be surprised to learn there’s a large online market for used toner cartridges. That’s because companies like ours refill these cartridges and resell them as remanufactured toner. We have to get our cartridges somewhere; purchasing them from businesses like yours is part of how we do so!
- Other cartridge resale sites. Many toner manufacturers, such as Lexmark, Brother, and Canon, allow their customers to recycle toner cartridges for free by mail. You simply request a shipping label online and mail in your cartridges. And if you can’t send your cartridge to its manufacturer, third-party sites like TonerBuyer.com also allow you to sell empty cartridges online.
- Cartridges for Kids. Online charities like Cartridges for Kids allow you to send in your used toner cartridges and write the donation off on your taxes. If you live in an area with a number of local non-profits or charities, you might also be able to take advantage of this option locally.
DO NOT Throw Away Your Cartridges!
There’s no excuse for throwing out your empty laser toner cartridges. You can easily recycle or resell your used cartridges, and help to reduce the waste clogging up landfills each year.
If you’re located in the Fresno, CA area and having trouble finding someone to take your toner cartridges off your hands, be sure to Contact Us. We’d be happy to help you keep your cartridges out of landfills.
We take pride in selling remanufactured toner – and keeping used toner cartridges out of landfills. If you want to do your part for the environment by purchasing remanufactured toner, check out our current deals here.